Wednesday 12 June 2013

#9 - 2nd Visit to Boy's home.

Dear Diary,

On tuesday 11th June 2013, we supposed to have all the mentors gathered together to have a nice wonderful dinner treat from our organizations at vivo city. We cabbed and reached there, however last min cancelled because too many people dropped out for that day's dinner. Very very disappointing, but it's alright. :)

Yesterday went to visit my boy again for the second time, due to my mentor partner couldn't make it, I actually mentor 2 boys yesterday. *CLAPS*. Mentor J said that she's trying her best to drive down, however due to massive jam yesterday at expressways, she was very late and couldn't make it for this mentorships, as the boys need to go back to their rooms at 830am sharp. See the poor boy B disappointed face and comments, "It's okay, I can understand that no much people like you will be that kind hearted, came even thou you've a bad tooth ache." He's pretty sweet and understanding to us, but feels really heartache for him. Gosh.

My boy Q, it's a hard nut to crack. Why? He keep lying to me and not telling me the truth. That's disheartening, but I believed that as long as I've persistence, he'll be softed by me and start trusting me by telling me the truth. He lied to me about his english name, school that he's studying now and his release date. I've my ways to find out the truth, but I'm trying my best to understand what's the purpose of lying? Till date, I've not found out the background of him, because he refused to say. It's fine, I believe he will open his heart and pour his heart to me soon in the future. But, he said that he will not meet me after his release. I will really try my best to work hard with the either boy Q or B. May god bless them! :)

I'm pretty disappointed in some of the Mentors. They do not have any sort of time management. We said that to reach the homes by 730pm and we will have one hour session with the boys because they needed to go back to their bunk at 830pm sharp. However, they always late since day 1 and had wasted precious time with the boys whom we can only meet once a week or once every two weeks. Due to work issue? Than you shouldn't had take out this volunteer work if you can't commit due to the time issue. Due to jams? Than take public transport like MRT etc, if I can make it, why you can't? Yes, there might be emergency that you totally cannot join because it needed to be booked at least one week in advance. But please really make an effort to come because you didn't see the disappointed face in the boys when they heard you can't join. :(

Enough of ranting!~

欣欣.

No comments:

Post a Comment